Jan 1st, 2021
A big bumper edition of BPM Pod to close out 2020. We talk to multi-instrumentalist Kris Sinister about his work across a range of bands, why The Beatles might be the best band ever, and how important good gear and horror films are to his music.
Plus we spend a while looking back at the achievements of BPM Pod over 2020 and hand out the first BPM Pod awards. Timecodes and award categories are below.
Happy new year!
- 00:00 Introduction and review of BPM Pod over 2020
- 05:30 BPM Pod Awards
- Song of the Year = Phoebe Bridgers, I Know The End
- Album of the Year = Fiona Apple, Fetch the Boltcutters
- BPM Pod Song of the Year = Molly's Peck, Hope You Don't Mind + Moves Johnson and the Boxhoppers, Wet
- BPM Pod Album/EP of the Year = Heavy Heavy, Wait Where Is My... Oh There It Is
- BPM Pod Interview of the Year = Birgit Jones
- Most Gushing Moment of the Year = King Buffalo episode
- Best Guest Gift Award = Orange Utan for a vinyl copy of their album Katastrophil
- Most Airtime Award = Chris Weinhardt
- 23:45 Kris Sinister interview