Monday Aug 22, 2022
The forgotten episode: Sounding like The Black Keys, tape delay nerdiness, and music we love
Join Ashley and Chris on this short, sharp, sweltering episode as they chat about the music they've loved recently. Plus, Chris succeeds in his mission of replicating the sound of Kurt Cobain's guitar on 'Come As You Are', and Dan Auerbach's guitar on 'Gold on the Ceiling' by The Black Keys.
Chris also shows us a proper valuable tape delay, tells us the story behind it, and explains why they're pretty damn cool.
AND! If you're in the Berlin area, check out Chris LIVE with his band on 28 August as part of the Heningsdorf festival.
Music in this episode
- The Staves - Nothing's Gonna Happen [Official Audio] - YouTube
- The Jayhawks - Everybody Knows (Official Music Video) - YouTube
- The Black Keys - Gold On The Ceiling [Official Music Video] - YouTube
- Nirvana - Come As You Are (Official Music Video) - YouTube
- Robert Miles - Children (Official Video) - YouTube
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.